Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

display temperature, voltage and current

Status
Not open for further replies.

stereovestro

i have LM35 and would like to display temperature on the LCD. im able to display current and voltage using ADC with pic18f4520.

on the LCD, it displays voltage and current. how can i blank the lcd, put 0.5sec delay and display temperature using LM35 without interrupting the ADC(analogue to digital conversion)?

thanks.

The ADC works in hardware so once you start it, you can do whatever else you like until it indicates that the conversion has completed.

If you are using the polling method, then it will wait until you get around to reading the value, so if there are delays elsewhere before you check the "DONE" flag it should not really matter.

If you are using the interrupt method, then as long as your delay in software then the interrupt will just be called when it need to be. If you are using multiple interrupts, then you will need to either allow for nested interrupts or be ready to have the interrupt hander called again as soon as it has finished the first interrupt.

Susan

i have LM35 and would like to display temperature on the LCD. im able to display current and voltage using ADC with pic18f4520.

on the LCD, it displays voltage and current. how can i blank the lcd, put 0.5sec delay and display temperature using LM35 without interrupting the ADC(analogue to digital conversion)?

thanks.

can u proveid to display current and voltage using ADC with pic 16f676 \72 lcd\ 7 segment display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back