Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Display Multiplex timing

Status
Not open for further replies.

olly_k

I am about to start a project which involves multiplexing leds and displays. I want to use a fixed time period, but delay (PWM if you like) the 'on' time of the displays to get an adjustable output. Does anyone have an idea on the timing required to overcome persistance of vision? I figure it's got to be above say 50 or 60Hz tellies use this but the phosphors glow for somtime after further reducing flicker.
Any ideas?

hey i did a project where i was controlling the brightness of 8 LEDs using them as indicators, i had to use a capacitor in order to get a low brightness without the pulsing showing. (that was at 307.54hz approx)

Thanks for that, I think I will get a 556 and mess about abit - thought about programming a pic with a test routine but this way I think will prove the point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back