Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dismantling Speakers For Philips Mini Hi-Fi FW-C39

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cheap speakers probably have a poor frequency response of 120Hz to 8kHz and probably have a peak at 150Hz and at 4kHz. Their power handling is probably only 15W each.
The system has a cassette tape recorder. Remember them?

Hee, hee. Philips rate the system as 1000W PMPO!
But its max power consumption is only 75W:
15W for each front channel at clipping.
4W for each rear channel at clipping.
Therfore the total power output is 38W and 37W of heating.

Last edited:
Hi All,

This is my first post at this forum, so please excuse me if I'm doing something wrong :D

Anyway, Nigel is absolutely right on 2 accounts imho.

These ARE cheap speakers AND they are absolutely not made to be repaired.
Anyone wondering if this is true or not should have a look at this page from the service-manual for the FW-C39.
All the manual is available if you want it, it's just too big for upload here.

Kind regards,

/tri-comp

Attachments

• FWC38_C39_Speaker.pdf
    91.1 KB · Views: 424
Thanks Very Much tri-comp for your post.

It was my bad luck because I had tried to open the the speaker from front and now the front side plastic is broken. but the speakers are in good condition, only the cable was damaged, so I have purchased a new pair of convationally available boxes from the market and have fitted the speakers in them.

Anyways, the info given by you can be of use for others so that they will not damage the box while opening.

Can you please send the complete service manual of FW-C39 so that I can use it in case if there is some problem in my system?

Thanks for your help.......

Can you please send the complete service manual of FW-C39 so that I can use it in case if there is some problem in my system?
I found only its Owners Manual.
It is so cheap that maybe there is no service manual. When it stops working you throw it away and buy another cheap stereo system.

Audioguru, it's not all that bad. Philips DO supply service-manuals for most of their stuff.

I have the complete manual but I'm not able to upload it. Probably because I'm still under 'moderation' as this is my first post.

Anyone requiring the manual please PM me for info on how to get it.

Rgds,

/tri-comp

I found only its Owners Manual.
It is so cheap that maybe there is no service manual. When it stops working you throw it away and buy another cheap stereo system.

Audioguru, please first have a look at the attachment posted by tri-comp. You will understand that it is a service manual and not Owners Manual. May be this system would be cheap in your country.... its not the case in my country..........

Also I enjoy to rectify problems rather than simply throwing it away and buying a new one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back