Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dismantling Speakers For Philips Mini Hi-Fi FW-C39

Status
Not open for further replies.

bipinravalia

Hi friends,

I have problem in one of the speaker of my philips Mini Hi-Fi FW-C39. Its left side speaker works some times when the speaker is shaked and then again after some time, it stops working due to vibration.

I cant understand how to open the box of speaker as there are no screws anywhere on it.

Thanks In Advance.................

Attachments

• philips.JPG
    philips.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,331
Maybe the screws are under rubber caps. Lift the decorative plastic pieces or rings with a flat screwdriver, to find screws under it. Keep searching and don't give up!!! (sorry, I would be more specific, but my english needs more vocabulary)

Hey Nigel, you're right in the fact that Phillips will never be like JBL, Technics, AKAI or something from the "Made in Japan" era... But hey! the OP doesn't deserve that words :( I think its a good system for the average joe.

For example, I have seen a "Panasuanic" (chinese counterfeit of Panasonic)... Man! that's REAL CRAP!

Last edited:
Maybe the screws are under rubber caps. Lift the decorative plastic pieces or rings with a flat screwdriver, to find screws under it. Keep searching and don't give up!!! (sorry, I would be more specific, but my english needs more vocabulary)

Hey Nigel, you're right in the fact that Phillips will never be like JBL, Technics, AKAI or something from the "Made in Japan" era... But hey! the OP doesn't deserve that words :( I think its a good system for the average joe.

For example, I have seen a "Panasuanic" (chinese counterfeit of Panasonic)... Man! that's REAL CRAP!

Thanks Menticol for reply.

Yes, you r right. I hav also seen the chinese counterfeit of panasonic u r talking about. Its a Real Crap.

I opened the rubber caps but there are no screws. I think they have applied the sticking material between the rear box and the front silver coloured plastic block containing the small and the large speakers. I tried to pull it out but I can pull hardly only about 1-2 mm.

May be I am right?

I opened the rubber caps but there are no screws. I think they have applied the sticking material between the rear box and the front silver coloured plastic block containing the small and the large speakers. I tried to pull it out but I can pull hardly only about 1-2 mm.

May be I am right?

That's amazing! :p Glued??

What model is your stereo?

EDIT: I got it, sorry. I'm asking a technician friend of mine right now

Last edited:
GOT IT!

Translating "as it"

the front part is made of plastic. this part is embedded using glue and force. To take it out you must force it foward. Use a flat screwdriver or another suitable lever. Start from below, then follow the borders all the way up. Do it without fear, that's how it's done

-------------------

Hope you make it

Last edited:
GOT IT!

Translating "as it"

the front part is made of plastic. this part is embedded using glue and force. To take it out you must force it foward. Use a flat screwdriver or another suitable lever. Start from below, then follow the borders all the way up. Do it without fear, that's how it's done

-------------------

Hope you make it

Hi Menticol,
I tried it forcing out with the screw driver, the box is made up of cardboard and it is not so hard. While I Hammer screw driver between the box and the plastic, the box is getting cracked.

If your technician friend is confident, I can try pulling the plastic part more firmly.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Like I said in the first place, cheap speakers aren't made to come apart - under warranty they just replace the entire speaker, and out of warranty you're supposed to just throw it away.

They are normally just glued together, so it's a question of levering or breaking them apart - the chances of damaging the cabinet is VERY high. Mostly hammering a screwdriver or chisel between the front and back is the only way, although I have seen cheap Hitachi speakers where you had to knock plastic locking pins throught he speaker fabric to drop inside the box.

Hi Menticol,
I tried it forcing out with the screw driver, the box is made up of cardboard and it is not so hard. While I Hammer screw driver between the box and the plastic, the box is getting cracked.

If your technician friend is confident, I can try pulling the plastic part more firmly.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

No, I don't mean hammering screw. its like LEGO pieces, so you have to gently separate the male from the female

I'll do a drawing, to compensate my bad english :D

You have to use this method starting at the bottom of the speaker, so any damage will not be evident. Then, when the pieces start to separate, you can proceed upper and upper, following the separation line that you just made.

Attachments

• INSTRUCCIONES.JPG
    INSTRUCCIONES.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 920
Last edited:
Thanks Menticol,

I tried but the wodden box is getting cracked. No problem, I think Now I have to purchase new speakers from philips. I am going to contack philips and see what they tells..

Anyways, thanks very much for your help and thanks for your nice drawing too.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
I've already told you more than once - NON-REPAIRABLE ITEM.

I BET It is NOT NON-REPAIRABLE ITEM. Only the thing is that we do not know how to open it.......

My previous system was also a Philips 1600 Watts system and I have sucessfully opened its speakers.... So Philips systems are NOT NON REPAIRABLE....

I BET It is NOT NON-REPAIRABLE ITEM. Only the thing is that we do not know how to open it.......

My previous system was also a Philips 1600 Watts system and I have sucessfully opened its speakers.... So Philips systems are NOT NON REPAIRABLE....

I never said that all Philips items are non-repairable, but the speakers on that one almost certainly are - not just Philips, pretty well all cheaper end units are the same.

I would also be extremely dubious about claims of a 1600W system :p

Here's a screenshot of a Sony service manual for a more expensive system than the Philips, notice that the only spares available are the complete speaker assembly, or the speaker grill - you can't buy the drive units.

This speaker even comes to pieces easily, just like a decent quality speaker the grill pulls off and the drive units are secured with screws from the front.

On the even lower priced units (Sony ones as well), and just like the Philips, it's common not to be able to open the speakers at all, never mind actually source the drivers.

Attachments

• temp.gif
    temp.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 895
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back