Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dish network sattelite question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

I'm sure out of the thousands of users on this forum, someone has had this happen to them. So anyway, just moved into the new house, hooked up the tv, and everything worked great. Then I unplug only the power cord of the system to move it. Things go downhill from there. When everything was working great, I had a link to 119 west sattelite, transponder 1. Then, when I plugged it back in, I had a link to sattelite 148, which is the wrong sattelite, and I only got a couple of channels. I also couldn't hook back up w/ 119. The sattelites that I am using were here when we got here. So I went outside, and found out that the sattelites had the wrong positioning, so I corrected that, and now I wish I hadn't because I had a strong signal when they "weren't positioned right". Before I fiddled w/ the sattelites, I would get a beep, beep, and a very weak signal on the signal strength meter, now I don't even get a beep!! Maybe I bumped something, but that still doesn't add up to why I could only get sattelite 148 when I reconnected the system.

I called up tech support, and they couldn't even figure it out. They wanted to send a guy out. My Dad's got this conspiracy theory :roll: that they turn off ur service, have a guy come out, and when he's out here, they turn the service back on and make an easy 30 bucks. Heh heh.

do a hard reset on the receiver (not sure what model you have) then set the receiver to signal strength...go outside and have someone watch the screen. tune the receiver in to the right bird and you should be all set.

also, check cable from dish to make sure its just one run directly from the dish to the receiver

I've tried all that!! Nothin' worked!! Cable is starting 2 sound appealing, heheh

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back