Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[DISCUSSION] Electronic combination lock based on PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The source code for this is on his site at the bottom of the page showing the schematic...

The job is almost done for you.....

Last edited:
I posted some simple keyboard code on this thread. I now realize that this same technique can be used to make a combination lock with an 8 pin pic. Just not had time to play with it yet.

Mike.

Using a 3 x 4 keyboard and a 4 bit LCD doesn't leave any pins left to opperate the lock.
Use a pic with more pins. 16F876 for example.
(based on my experiences using Nigel's tutorials)

Nigel uses all of PORTA which leaves port B, 3x4 = 7 pins and one left over to control a transistor to control the lock relay. The 16f628/a would work fine.

Here is the 4X4 matrix for the keypad.

E.g. if button "6" is depressed row2 and column 3 are shorted.

Attachments

• MATRIX-4X4.gif
    MATRIX-4X4.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 670
Last edited:
originally posted by Chippie
The source code for this is on his site at the bottom of the page showing the schematic...
The job is almost done for you.....
i know it's all done , but i prefer to discuss it with all of you to increase our knowledge together. what is the benefit of taking something already prepared? thank you

Last edited:
originally posted by Pommie
I posted some simple keyboard code on this thread. I now realize that this same technique can be used to make a combination lock with an 8 pin pic. Just not had time to play with it yet.

Mike.

well done , I've take a look to your thread , well done ,
thank you .

i know it's all done , but i prefer to discuss it with all of you to increase our knowledge together. what is the benefit of taking something already prepared? thank you

So what was the point of your initial post then...? :(

Most of the respondants here probably already have the necessary skills and knowledge to be able to construct a project like this...so discussion is pointless..

So what was the point of your initial post then...?

Most of the respondants here probably already have the necessary skills and knowledge to be able to construct a project like this...so discussion is pointless..

yes...Chippie , you are right. I missed that point. but i was hoping if someone could help to explain the algorithm. that is what i need.

thank you :)

Last edited:
originally posted by birdman
Hmmm do you want to discuss it here, through PM, on MSN or something? I feel up to it.

OK ..... this is will be great . accept my invitation in MSN .
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back