Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diptrace (& Others) Parts List so confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

burners

OK so I'm trying to learn Diptrace and I have watched some videos and read some articles but what I dont get is the actual component name and how some of them correlate to size, shape, and part number.

Some are obvious like the transistors but then we have capacitors and here is an example
Cap-24.8/20x21
Cap-24.8/20x30
Cap-24.8/20x37

And so on, I have no clue what those mean. I did see where some are CAPD or CAPR and obviously CAPR = Round but the other figures arent so obvious to me.

I found the same thing with resistors but then later found the numbers could relate to the spacing in mm between the pins.

Almost all of the parts in Diptrace and possibly other programs are like this with no obvious signs as to what those numbers mean.

Is this all common knowledge? Or is it specific per program?
Is there some where I can lean what these figures mean so I am laying out the proper components when I need something beyond a simple schematic?

Thanks

in Schematic editor, go to menu Objects, Bill of Materials and new window will open.
Click Add button few times to add couple of columns (they show up in Columns list).
Click on column of your choice to highlight it (turns blue) then select what the column is supposed to be using combo box "Show:". Repeat for other columns and when done, export to a CSV file. You can open it in Excel for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back