Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinarfi

I have some diodes that have
ITT
Q-331
written on them, cathode stripe is to the left and it has a forward voltage drop of .251 on a Fluke 87.
It appears to be glass, white with black stripe, about 1/8" X 3/8 + leads.
Can any one tell what it is and how it can have such a low forward voltage drop.
Thanks
Kinarfi

The lower forward drop is likely because it's a germanium diode rather than the silicon diode that you're used to dealing with. A forward drop of around 0.1 to 0.2v would indicate a hot carrier (Schottky) diode.

Thank you, I do believe they are Schottky diodes, I was testing some other diodes that I knew were schottky and these acted exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back