Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

gearmate

I am repairing my integrated AKAI AM-U03. Diode position D1b on the schematic is labeled 1S2473, which i need to change, but to the look it has a green band which have me to believe that it should be instead 1S2472 same as the opposed channel. Am I right.
Can i use 1S2473 anyway despite the fact that D1 is 1S2472, will they match.

Attachments

• akai 1.jpg
    akai 1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 186
  • akai 2.jpg
    akai 2.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 180
  • aka 3.jpg
    aka 3.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 182
Why do you wish to change the diode?, have you broken it?.

Assuming you have broken it?, do you know what it does in the circuit? - as it's near the output hydrids it 'may' be used for setting the quiescent current for the output stage, if so it's absolutely critical that the exact correct diode is used.

EDIT: I've just downloaded the manual, it looks like you're OK, and the diode is part of the over current protection, so won't be at all critical.

Last edited:
Thanks Nigel,
Yeah broken it. but i meant D1b from the manual.
But is that right just for curiosity that the 2 diodes are different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back