Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diode identification and car radio repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edumcg

Hello,

I'm trying to repair my nissan car radio model: Clarion BTS33

The problem began when the fuel volumen line of my car shortcircuited with 12V. As soon as that happened my radio turned off and never came back again. I sent the radio with some folks to repair it, they replaced some ICs that were burned out but they couldn't replace one specific diode.

Right now, when I plug the radio into my car only the screen shows up but it prints nothing. Just a blank orange screen. No audio output no matter what buttons I press.

I found the cable on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/20-pin-Subaru-Headunit-Harness-Steering/dp/B01D9K3L44

I also found the user manual of the radio: https://fccid.io/2ABGYBTS33-CLARION/User-Manual/User-guide-2150158

The only component that looks burned out is the diode D402. The diode is the same as de diode D403 so I can see the marking is "C308" the 08 is fllipped to the right 90 degress.

My plan is to replace the diode but I haven't been able to find a datasheet.

I've attached images of the radio and the circuit board. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 232
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 242
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 225
  • 3.jpg