Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital volume control sleep timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

grrr_arrghh

Hi.

I would like some opinions on this idea.

Bassically, if listening to music when trying to get to sleep, when the music stops I wake up again. Very annoying.

So, my plan is to use a digital volume control IC (Like the one used here https://electronic-circuits-diagrams.com/audioimages/audiockt11.shtml), and to have a pulse generator to represent someone pressing the switch, and it would do this, wait a while, then give out another pulse, wait, etc, so that the volume would be lowered slowly - albeit in stages - preventing a sudden loss of volume. If it works well, I may add a circuit that will turn off all equipment (hi-fi etc) after the volume had been lowered to zero.

Obviously, a timer of some description would be required so that the music was alowed to play for a certain ammount of time, before it started to lower the volume.

Doesn't sound to complicated, I just wondered if anyone had done any thing like this before, or had any suggestions?

Cheers,

Tim

A pic would be a simple way to do it... wait a minute, beginning to sound like Nigel :lol:

How about a 555 timer giving a pulse every X seconds ?

lol, I KNEW someone would suggest a pic!!

a 555 timer is the simplest way, I know how i'm gonna do it, I just wondered if people liked the idea, or had any suggestions to additions for it.

Thanks anyway

Tim

well, It has to work for you, and there's only 1 way to find out that it does.

Thanks for bringing the DS1669 to my attention. was looking for something like it.

lol, i'd suggest the DS1869 instead, because maxim will give you two of those for free!!

quick ques though, when people order samples, what do they usually put in the 'Company' box?!?

I just enter the name of the company where i work, not that it will make any diffirence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back