Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital timer with output

Status
Not open for further replies.

skad33

I am looking for an inexpensive timer with an output pulse. I would like it 12 volt. A digital clock style would be best that I could set to trigger a GM wiper motor to pulse one time twice a day. Any suggestions on where to find one would be appreciated. I am not sure on the amperage of the motor but most are fused at 20 amps.
Thanks

So you want a pulse lasting about 5sec every 12 hours?
How accurate does the 12 hour period have to be?

Last edited:
It doesnt have to be that accurate. Even within an hour would be OK. Also the amperage of the output wouldnt have to be as high as 20 amps as I stated. The 20 amps is to run the motor not just to trigger the module, so lower amperage would be fine.

Use one of these.

12h=60000s. If you use all 16 bits, you would need an input clock running at a period of 60000/(2^16)=60000/65536=0.9155 sec. You can use the built-in RC oscillator to produce the clock.

You will get a CMOS output which is high for 6 hours; and then low for 6 more hours. Capacatively couple that to the gate of NFET switch. Use an RC time-constant of about 5s between the square wave and the gate so that the Fet is turned on for only ~ 5sec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back