Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Thermometer using op-amps, A/D converters & disp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleen

Hi everybody! I'm on a new project...
Could anybody help me doing this circuit: I need to sense temperature and display it in 7-segments displays.
I suppose I have to use op-amp [what LM??], temperature sensor [someone told me to use LM335 and I read that AD590 could be usefull], an A/D converter, a decoder and of course two [?] 7-Segments displays.
I'm really really lost in this, i even don't know how to start. I have datasheets for all this things, but they don't seem to help me much :? ...
If somebody could show me a schematic diagram or something i would really appreciate it :wink:

The AD590 puts out 1uA per degree Kelvin, so a negative bias of 2.73 volts is needed to have the A/D output read zero at zero degrees C. This is a start, check out the TC14433/A A/D converter. It has 3 1/2 digits output but you don't have to use all the digits. For another option, use an inexpensive voltmeter to read the voltage.

You could use the LM34 which measures 10mv/F. From that you send the analog output to an 8-bit A/D converter like the ADC0804. From there you need to output the digital output to a display. You could program an EPROM to convert the digital output to a BCD format and then feed those into a 7-segment display(using drivers of-course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back