Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Digital temerature sensor 2011-04-27

Status
Not open for further replies.
jakeselectronics submitted a new article:

Digital Temerature Sensor - This circuit is a Digital Temerature Sensor using a Dallas '1-wire' DS18B20 Digital Thermometer

This circuit is a Digital Temerature Sensor using a Dallas '1-wire' DS18B20 Digital Thermometer
Firstly I would like to thank Pommie and Mike, K8LH from the Electro Tech Online Forum for their genourous help. This has been the most challenging project to date and they have helped immensely. They have tought me many valuable lessons about programming in Assembly language and it has really assitsted me in getting this project up and running.

Note: I would like to make a point that some...

Read more about this article...

I'm just wondering what accuracy is possible . I built a number using arduino micros and despite other peoples assertions of accuracy I eventually proved that the above device was only within 2 degrees of the real temperature . So if anyone builds this perhaps they could post the data results ?

Download the attached file 'schematic.jpg.'

can u tell me
the no. Of pins in the led 7
segment. I got with 10 pins is
this correct. But in the breadboard.jpg i think not so because one 5 means 4 led 20 connections not there in breadboard.jpg

On the schematic I count 12 connections. Four to the common cathodes + eight segments. But to answer your question he is using a 10 pin 7 segment display. One pin is no connection.

Let's start a thread on the forum for this. I'm not at home at the moment. Start the thread and we'll discuss the circuit there.

Hello!

At first, i wanna say that i'm a total newbie in this domain

I saw your project and since the DS18B20 have high/low temp alarm could it be use as a thermostat?

Since the high alarm could start the heater and the low stop it?

Is it to big for a real begginner?

Thanks all

1 will u please tell me about the configuration of transistor(is it common emitter or common collector)?
2 what about the power supply to be applied is it 5 volt?
3 did i want to program the micro controller IC before Connecting to the circuit?
4 would u please mind me to tell that "HDSP 5503 highlite" seven segment led display is a common emitter or common cathode configuration?

i m working on study project, wireless temperature monitoring system using analog/digital electronics ,ir,if,micro controller and programming knowledge.

at this point of time, i m having bit idea, how to prepare the wireless temperature monitoring system.

1).temperature sensor
2).transmitter
3).receiver

any one give idea, how to prepare wireless temperature monitoring system.

Thanks for your help.

regards,
Ajay.

let me ask you same q'n

Download the attached file 'schematic.jpg.'

Asked by bhaskardev
1 will u please tell me about the configuration of transistor(is it common emitter or common collector)?
2 what about the power supply to be applied is it 5 volt?
3 did i want to program the micro controller IC before Connecting to the circuit?
4 would u please mind me to tell that "HDSP 5503 highlite" seven segment led display is a common emitter or common cathode configuration?

The answers to the questions are
1) Common emitter (but why do you want to know?)
2) 5V
3) Yes
4) Common cathode (you could have Googled that for yourself!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back