Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Radio Formats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hola AT,

Any prevailing failure in those radios you managed to repair? Do they work on baterries only or on 220 AC as well?

None of them had provision for battery power ...
Powered with either 240vac into small SMPS board or 240vac/6vdc wall wart.... ...

Problems were mostly poor solder joints although a couple with onboard SMPS had a blown chip. Identical board in both cases; same chip blown;

There were no recognisable markings on the soot, so I replaced whole board .. ..

I bought 11 units and repaired 9 of them with PSU problems; the other two powered OK but had a problem within the operation of the processor system .. .. I could track a signal in but the processor board is all SMD into a 64 pin IC about the size of my little finger nail .. very difficult to follow, so I put the useful bits in a box andthe rest in the bin !

Good to hear from you AT .. ..

S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back