Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghauri

We change the resistance in a potentiometer mechanically
I want to design a digital potentiometer(variable Resistor) whcose Resistance can be changed by just using different combination
Let say i have 2 bits then 4 combination so it covers total value of that potensiometer
Is there something like that exist if yes plz tell.

There is a product called an EEPot. The output is controlled by a single digital siganl that moves the output either up or down. They were originally made by Xicor.

Top Google hit
**broken link removed**

assuming you want to control it electronically (vs mechanically via switches), look into digital pots from a number of companies. maxim carries quite a variety - **broken link removed**

ghauri said:
We change the resistance in a potentiometer mechanically
I want to design a digital potentiometer(variable Resistor) whcose Resistance can be changed by just using different combination
Let say i have 2 bits then 4 combination so it covers total value of that potensiometer Is there something like that exist if yes plz tell.

See my project, using common components (digpot.png)
No need special Ics.

Attachments

• digpot.png
    digpot.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 189
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back