Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Optical output for MiniDisc Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

I frequently use a compact MiniDisc player to record my guitar performances and duets but I cannot transfer the digital info to my Dell Latitude CP P233 laptop for editing and backup from the portable compact MiniDisc player. Only analog, but the Dell CP sound card sux and is virtually unusable. I wish to travel as light as possible without lugging around all sorts of equipment. I have practical experience building circuits.

My idea is to open up the player and locate a digital input or output pin on one of the IC's and solder a wire to it that leads to a transitor/LED optical connector. The standard optical connect type as used by the player's optical input. ( The minidisc player only has a optical input and no output.)If anyone knows if this is possible and reasonably practical I would appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

you should see if someone out there (maybe in the production audio or video editing field) makes a PC card/cardbus card that can take the optical plug from the md and digitize it like video with firewire.
-Levi

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back