Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Logic Circuit - With a RS Flip Flop

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelwalker71

Hi there,
I would really appreciate some help with my homework.
I was tasked to create a logic circuit that worked for the truth table I have attached.
I then converted it to NAND gates and simplified it down; I have attached a screenshot.

The second part of my task was the include a RS Flip Flop into my circuit. So when the bulb (LED) comes on, it latches on and stays on until the circuit is reset.
I have no idea where to start with this, so any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Joel

Going back and re-reading the question. I'm not sure that it says I have to use a RS Flip Flop. (it just gives it as an example)
It states, Modify your circuit (the one I attached) so once it activates under any of it's conditions that like latches on and the bulb remains on.
Any ideas how it can be done??

Thanks,

In order to create a logic circuit you have to map down your table using K-map. Q is an input variable which is 0 and 1 if you hang it or not when your using a breadboard and since you have 3 variable excluding Q you have to use 3 RS flip-flops. In the case of the NAND gates it means you cant use any gates in connecting the outputs of the flip flops (that is the equation you obtained in mapping) except for NAND gates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back