Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Integrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

dt2611

Hello,

Im trying to build a digital integrator to solve a second order differential equation. In this thread I have attached the block diagram of the circuit to be implemented. I suck at digital electronics, therefore I dont know how to actually implement the block diagram into a schematic. From the block diagram i want to use an 8-bit adder, 8-bit up-down counter, an 8-bit register, 8-bit comparator, ADC, clock, and DAC. Like i said i suck at digital electronics, so i dont even know where to begin to putting these parts together. Im trying to use Multisim, or possible PSPICE to simulate it. Even if i can get a single integrator working from these parts, i probably can figure out the rest. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks guys.

Attachments

• integrator.PNG
    integrator.PNG
    35.5 KB · Views: 760
Last edited:
I don't think thats a 8 bit up-down counter, more like a 1 byte RAM( how random would 1 byte be?) ie you upload or down load 1 byte. This really looks like a job for a PAL or GAL.

the Y register holds the current value of the function Y(t), and the 2 register R and h register is divided into an n-bit low order part R and an n-bit high order part H that has the MSB and sign of the accumulated integral.

Last edited:
I would think in this day and age a programmable microcontroller would be a much simpler and cheaper solution. What is the clock speed you need?

Lefty

I cannot use a microcontroller. its for an assignment..im not sure about the clock speed. when i said clock, i guess i was refering to the clock of the ADC...

nobody knows? how about a more specific question. how would i connect an 8-bit ADC to an 8-bit comparator in multisim?

I know what you are looking for!

Hi, I've studied digital integrators, AKA DDA integrators, for quite some time now, including rectangular, Adams, Runge Kutta, and predictor-corrector integration.

I'd be happy to help you, to share info with you!

Just contact me, I'll see what I can do!

Have a Nice Day!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back