Digital Integrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

dt2611

Hello,

Im trying to build a digital integrator to solve a second order differential equation. In this thread I have attached the block diagram of the circuit to be implemented. I suck at digital electronics, therefore I dont know how to actually implement the block diagram into a schematic. From the block diagram i want to use an 8-bit adder, 8-bit up-down counter, an 8-bit register, 8-bit comparator, ADC, clock, and DAC. Like i said i suck at digital electronics, so i dont even know where to begin to putting these parts together. Im trying to use Multisim, or possible PSPICE to simulate it. Even if i can get a single integrator working from these parts, i probably can figure out the rest. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks guys.

Attachments

• integrator.PNG
    35.5 KB · Views: 761
Last edited:
I don't think thats a 8 bit up-down counter, more like a 1 byte RAM( how random would 1 byte be?) ie you upload or down load 1 byte. This really looks like a job for a PAL or GAL.

the Y register holds the current value of the function Y(t), and the 2 register R and h register is divided into an n-bit low order part R and an n-bit high order part H that has the MSB and sign of the accumulated integral.

Last edited:
I would think in this day and age a programmable microcontroller would be a much simpler and cheaper solution. What is the clock speed you need?

Lefty

I cannot use a microcontroller. its for an assignment..im not sure about the clock speed. when i said clock, i guess i was refering to the clock of the ADC...

nobody knows? how about a more specific question. how would i connect an 8-bit ADC to an 8-bit comparator in multisim?

I know what you are looking for!

Hi, I've studied digital integrators, AKA DDA integrators, for quite some time now, including rectangular, Adams, Runge Kutta, and predictor-corrector integration.

I'd be happy to help you, to share info with you!

Just contact me, I'll see what I can do!

Have a Nice Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…