Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital clock again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

satellite5005

What I need is help to design a combinational circuit that will display the time on a standard digital clock. The design should be abler to display correctly the 4digit time using the usual 12-hour format, for example 1:08 or 12:59 (with a light for AM or PM, but no seconds or military time, please!!).

You should include a state diagram for the digits, the functions you are using for display (and how you got them) and a diagram for your final answer. You may implement this using JK flip flops for the actual counters, with C as a control input for the clock, and a simplified gate design for the digital (7-segment) displays. (Handle the digits independently!!)
If anyone of you have any idea please let me know ASAP!!

Use a simple ripple counter to count seconds. Some combinatorial logic can be used to decode the binary seconds to give you minutes and hours. Draw up a simple truth table and use brute force to get a circuit. Then do some boolean algebra to simplify it. Then convert to binary coded decimal and finaly to a seven segment decoder. When you have the whole circuit go back and do boolean algebra to simplify the whole circuit.

We can't just give you a circuit (this sounds like a homework problem). We can help you with specific questions and help edit your schematics.

Brent

I explained how to do it in my post of 11 April in General Electronics Chat in response to your enquiry "I need help with digital clock" and I did part of the Modulo 6 design for you. Did you understand this post?

You will not learn if I do it all for you.

Len

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back