digital clock again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

satellite5005

What I need is help to design a combinational circuit that will display the time on a standard digital clock. The design should be abler to display correctly the 4digit time using the usual 12-hour format, for example 1:08 or 12:59 (with a light for AM or PM, but no seconds or military time, please!!).

You should include a state diagram for the digits, the functions you are using for display (and how you got them) and a diagram for your final answer. You may implement this using JK flip flops for the actual counters, with C as a control input for the clock, and a simplified gate design for the digital (7-segment) displays. (Handle the digits independently!!)
If anyone of you have any idea please let me know ASAP!!

Use a simple ripple counter to count seconds. Some combinatorial logic can be used to decode the binary seconds to give you minutes and hours. Draw up a simple truth table and use brute force to get a circuit. Then do some boolean algebra to simplify it. Then convert to binary coded decimal and finaly to a seven segment decoder. When you have the whole circuit go back and do boolean algebra to simplify the whole circuit.

We can't just give you a circuit (this sounds like a homework problem). We can help you with specific questions and help edit your schematics.

Brent

I explained how to do it in my post of 11 April in General Electronics Chat in response to your enquiry "I need help with digital clock" and I did part of the Modulo 6 design for you. Did you understand this post?

You will not learn if I do it all for you.

Len

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…