Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Digital camera (Cannon A300 Powershot)

I am using AA size bataries (not rechargable) .
I could not take pictures more than 2 times, as an error message appear on the screen telling "change batteries". I cannot use flasher more than once.

Is it common on Digital cameras. How long batteries can beused.
Can I solve this by using rechargable batteries. Will it last long.

One shop owner told me to use rechargable batteries. Before buying it I want to make sure problem can be solved or not.
( I feel some thing wrong on this camera)

Any ideas.

Many thanks

mahinda jayasingh said:
I have a Digital camera (Cannon A300 Powershot)

I am using AA size bataries (not rechargable) .
I could not take pictures more than 2 times, as an error message appear on the screen telling "change batteries". I cannot use flasher more than once.

Is it common on Digital cameras. How long batteries can beused.
Can I solve this by using rechargable batteries. Will it last long.

One shop owner told me to use rechargable batteries. Before buying it I want to make sure problem can be solved or not.
( I feel some thing wrong on this camera)

Any ideas.

Many thanks

What kind of batteries were you using?, you really need to use high power alkaline batteries - conventional batteries will last no time at all.

Digital cameras do tend to 'eat' batteries, rechargeables may be a good idea (but make sure you get the highest AH ones you can) - it's something you need to get sirted out before you buy a camera.

My Fuji camera uses two AA batteries, with Duracell ones I can take a full memory card full of pictures (64Mb). But I wouldn't dream of taking it anywhere without at least one spare set of batteries (and preferably at least two sets!).

Using the LCD screen takes a fair amount of power, so turning that off extends battery life considerably.

Rechargable Nimh batteries also work very well,
after the battery door fell off my Epsilon 1.3
[be warned if your thinking of buying one]
I decided to fit a 3.5mm jack socket and use
an external power pack with 4 AA cells 1300mAh 1.2volt
the damm camera was draining "Duracell" alkaline AAA's after just a couple of days use.

get some powerfull rechargable batteries. it'll last long enough to lose count of the amount of photo's you take! Normal batteries aren't good enough anymore.

Josh.

get some powerfull rechargable batteries. it'll last long enough to lose count of the amount of photo's you take! Normal batteries aren't good enough anymore.

Josh.

The camera measures the voltage to decide if you have to charge the batterys. This probably means that rechargeable batterys will not work better sins they have a lower voltage to begin with. Alkaline batterys are 1.5 Volts and rechargeables are 1.2 Volts so for each cell you start with 0.3 Volts lower! AA size alkalines have 2.5 times the “mAh” of a rechargeable so I would borrow some cells from someone first to try before I spend my money.

Ante :roll:

ante said:
The camera measures the voltage to decide if you have to charge the batterys. This probably means that rechargeable batterys will not work better sins they have a lower voltage to begin with. Alkaline batterys are 1.5 Volts and rechargeables are 1.2 Volts so for each cell you start with 0.3 Volts lower! AA size alkalines have 2.5 times the “mAh” of a rechargeable so I would borrow some cells from someone first to try before I spend my money.

Yes, Alkaline batteries have a very similar discharge characteristic to NiCd or NiMh - I have some old discharge curves I plotted years ago at which really show how useless conventional batteries are!.

Buy a charger with delta-V charge methode. and a set of batteries type NiMh 1800mAh or 2100.
You do not have the manual ? Recommendations are in the manual.

Cannon A300 power shot

Thanks for the reply.
I am usinnd Duracell AA alcaline batteries. I think I should be able to get 2 or three photos. But with my camara I could not get at least one shot. As soon as I get a shot, there is a message on the display ( Change the battery).
I am wondering that somthing wrong on my camera.
I am afraid to spend money for rechargeable batteries, I might get the same problem again.

This is a brand new camera bought from singapore when I was on transit.

Thanks.

voltage drop

Couldn't be the problem

that when you start making a foto the machines sucks that amount of power of the battery that the voltage drop is that big that i comes unther the line of a full batery..

and then the machine says quickly that there isn't enough power..

and when you let it rest for 1 min the battery has stabilzed it self..and works again.. maybe first you should do a reset because of the bit is in memory set that there isn't power enough..

if you think it's the machine you could try./look if the battery are hot or not...(short circuit..) or if after de removal of the batteries there still work for some hours example in a discman or something...

at last i think its not that difficult to obtain or rent from some peaople acouple of recharable batteries

TKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back