Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dIFFUSION cAPACITANCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

anantvnori

Hello Everybody,
THis is my first post so im kindda excited and expectant.
I'd like to know the cause of diffusion capacitance occuring in a diode during forward bias. What causes this capacitance. During reverse bias transition capacitance. This is formed coz during reverse bias the depletion layer is prominent and it acts as a dielectric between the +vely charged p region and the -ve ly charged n region.
Similarly what causes diffusion capacitance??

Your very first post and no replies so far? I wonder why :wink:

Its perhaps because you picked some obscure theoretical subject that many of us have long since forgotten about :D

Since you seem to be clued up sufficiently about diode functions try this:
Open google.com
select advanced search
select exact phrase
type: diffusion capacitance

You will find sufficient answers there to make your brain smoke, the mathematical formula shown for it is way above my head :?

Good luck,

Klaus

Got it !!

Hi Klaus!!
Thanks. I get the picture. Not that i'm really keyed up about this particular diode function. It's just that I thought that I should understand most of the stuff thats in my text book atleast :p !! But everybody ive asked seems to think that "diffusion capacitance" isnt very interesting and doesnt have any practical applications.
Could you advise me in how to choose electronics projects which would give me an idea on how to apply what ive learnt theoretically and teach me the actual applications af various electronic components :?:
Thanks
Anant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back