Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diffuse reflection sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferrousduke

Hello,

I am working on a project (not a college project but in production)that requires an object to be sensed at the distance of 10 cm to 20 cms when placed under the sensor. For this I have decided to use a diffuse reflection sensor.

Now, if I am going in the market asking this sensor unit which comes in an attractive package is simply bursting my budget to the value one can never think of.. So I have decided to make my own sensor.. I have decided to use a simple IR trasmitter/receiver pair to couple it with 555 timer.. Is that a good way to make a long lasting and reliable unit?

BY the way, Just to explain the logic of operation, An object comes into the sensing zone and an output goes high at IR receiver.. Output here onwards stays ON.. It goes OFF if the object is removed from the sensing zone.. Any ideas regarding how can I manage to make a circuit simple and reliable?

Thanks.

if you are using a 555timer means you can use ultrasonic sensor. the cost of which will be reasonable and with proper conditioning circuit it will work effective.

Last edited:
NE555 is not a compulsion for me here.. Sole purpose is to reduce the cost as possible.. In comparison, which of the twos (IR or ultrasonic) is cheaper?

compared to IR sensors ultrasonic sensors will cost much but IR has some limitations while using IR it should mounted perfectly opposite to each other and it has chance of picking up noise so u should take care of all these things.
OPB100 is like the normal IR you can use this also.
for further details please surf the net.

Hi Anand,

I have decided to use IR.. and particularly sharp IS471F.. But seems like its not available in mUmbai. can u suggest any alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back