Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differerntial demodulation using single-stage opamp and LPF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_bam

Hello,
I am designing a differential isolator via a capacitive coupling technique in which a control signal is differentially modulated and coupled capacitively to the differential demodulator side.
I have designed a demodulator using single-stage Opamp and LPF [Schematics attached]. The problem is the LPF's output signal swings between 2.8V to 5 V. How can I make LPF's output signal swing between 0-5V?
By doing so will make the Schmitt trigger's job easy to retrieve the output signal.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    206 KB · Views: 207
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    349.7 KB · Views: 200
With that circuit, I think the only way would be by using a negative supply rather than 0V for the "opamp" negative.
The source of the output devices is at 1.23V so it can never possibly pull lower than that, even if the output device was switched hard.

"Rail to rail" output opamps have a rather different topology than simple / dual supply types, eg. such as these examples:

Simplified-schematic-of-Class-AB-rail-to-rail-op-amp-the-load-and-the-switch-stage-are.png

figure6.jpg

Hello,
I am designing a differential isolator via a capacitive coupling technique in which a control signal is differentially modulated and coupled capacitively to the differential demodulator side.
I have designed a demodulator using single-stage Opamp and LPF [Schematics attached]. The problem is the LPF's output signal swings between 2.8V to 5 V. How can I make LPF's output signal swing between 0-5V?
By doing so will make the Schmitt trigger's job easy to retrieve the output signal.

Thanks.
I would use a voltage comparator. Set the reference at about 3.5 to 4 Volts. Add ~ 100 millivolts of hysteresis. Use a pullup resistor tied to 5 Volts on the comparator output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back