Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differences between PIC16F627 and PIC16F627A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher

Hi all,

I purchased a Velleman K8040 PIC Programmer a few weeks ago, which came with a PIC16F627. I have recently purchased a couple of PIC16F627A microchips.

I know that they are fundamentally the same, but what are the differences between the two? Without spending a couple hours reading through datasheets it's quite hard to tell :)

It's just a later silicon revision, the programming algorithym is slightly different, and the config fuse values are different - as long as you set the fuses using the definitions in the include file, and have your programmer set to the correct chip, you should be fine.

Thanks for that - I was looking on the Microchip site ealier but was unable to find anything! Obviously i need to look deeper :)

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back