Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Didn't make a note of single subject in engineering, graduating soon what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't make notes. And sold all notes which I made lol for cents(it can't be get back now). Engineering is ending in few days. I am truly regretting this stupidity. I have notes of few subjects that I failed in 2nd and 3rd year like 2-3 subjects and notes of subjects from 7th semester...8th semester is running currently. What od I do? I am ece student. trying to enter into programming web development at first and then enter into electronics industry moving abroad.

Now studying 1 subject on my own completely will take me at least 1.5 months to complete it. For eg say I want to enter programming web development. Then there will be around 15 subjects to study which is almost 2 years time wasted. What to do ? really worried..

Have you considered applying for a job at McDonalds?.
There are no mcdonalds at nepal. haha
All of your posts have referred to your complete incompetence and laziness - I'm bemused you haven't been thrown off the course yet, even if by some fluke you manage to pass, I can't see how you would ever be of any use?.
it is a mistake bro everyone makes it IDK why are you beating me.

You have chosen a field to focus on. Good. Assuming you have written more
than one language, C/C_++ and something else, html in your case, thats what
you focus on when you do job interview. If you are a hard worker when you
focus, that is an attribute. You will need to explain why you want to do web
work, what it is you see in that arena. Why you like programming. And when
challenged by a new topic be able to describe how you go about learning
and engaging in new work. All careers we do not start with expertise, generally
speaking, its acquired thru dedication, hard work, sacrifice, willingness, and
thirst to learn.

Most EE's had certain classes where they were marginal in. In my school one
prof thought we should be experts at field equations as applied to fields
in silicon and junction effects. I thought I was going to die it was so damn
depressing to study something one had no "feel" for.

Good luck, do not dwell on your short comings, I have never met anyone without them,
myself included. But honesty (to a point) and willingness to learn and genuine expression
of interest in the job being offered....And do not forget, if its a job designing code for
some specific application, look into the problem, before you interview....talk to other
programmers to get a flavor for the lingo and challenges.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:
You seek advice but seem reluctant to listen to it.. Perhaps college was not for you then... teach yourself ... can be done ... but requires enthusiasm for the subject..

Or you just winding these good people up ?

Granddad ... way past my 3 score and 10.

You seek advice but seem reluctant to listen to it.. Perhaps college was not for you then... teach yourself ... can be done ... but requires enthusiasm for the subject..

Or you just winding these good people up ?

Granddad ... way past my 3 score and 10.
can you tell me why I am reluctant? I am listening to every advice here..so asking.

I also think some cave dweller is in-operation... I too have watched your posts..

IF! like you say "I am better than the teachers" Then you will have nothing to worry about. You'll fly through your finals...

As I have said before... Teachers teach you where to find information.. If you are studying on your own, that was your choice..

Good luck!

I also think some cave dweller is in-operation... I too have watched your posts..
What nonsense you sptitting lol.
IF! like you say "I am better than the teachers" Then you will have nothing to worry about. You'll fly through your finals...
Come to Nepal and study engineering for 1 month.. You will know what I am saying. Teaching is pathetic here. I try my best to find udemy courses if they are there and learn..I can write 5000 word essay on how shtty is teaching here. This is not america where success is spoon fed to you. This is Nepal. Successs is rare. Some do well, good for them, few do well aactuaally unlike maerica where you are born then you are destined to succeed no matter whatever you do..This is Nepal, keep that in mind while judging me. No resources, no nth, no books that are relevant to exams. Not even you can purchase those books in Nepal that are relevant to the exams. You can't ask questions to teachers at all. The fee is so freaking expensive according to Nepal's terms. All they do is to copy some shitty website blog from google,. line to line. And what not...They write solution manuals by copying information found for free in google and youtube that too low quality sources. and they make you buy it...they make you desperate..specially if you are upto 3rd year. if you have expereineced half amount of pain that a nepali student has to go through, the entitled you won't be acting like that way. Even the failing student of Nepal can succeed in USA..
As I have said before... Teachers teach you where to find information.. If you are studying on your own, that was your choice..

Good luck!

This is not america where success is spoon fed to you.

Just guessing but I dont think that will win you any friends......and is not a reflection
of engineering training or work here.

unlike maerica where you are born then you are destined to succeed no matter whatever you do..
Very untrue.... I'm British not American and I struggled like a T.W.A.T to get where I am... Like you I did it all myself, paid for it all myself... The only thing that "may" be different is the libraries here are well stocked.... In most countries books are stolen rather than borrowed... I did not get spoon fed... Some of my teachers were a little sparse with their knowledge.. But I managed... No piggin' interweb either!! I had to request information from manufacturers as did all our class.. Blame doesn't always fall on the teacher / professor...

I have seen folk come from Eastern countries to learn here.. Language barrier or not most want information given on a plate.... Ain't gonna happen.

Very untrue.... I'm British not American and I struggled like a T.W.A.T to get where I am... Like you I did it all myself, paid for it all myself... The only thing that "may" be different is the libraries here are well stocked.... In most countries books are stolen rather than borrowed... I did not get spoon fed... Some of my teachers were a little sparse with their knowledge.. But I managed... No piggin' interweb either!! I had to request information from manufacturers as did all our class.. Blame doesn't always fall on the teacher / professor...

I have seen folk come from Eastern countries to learn here.. Language barrier or not most want information given on a plate.... Ain't gonna happen.
it is not comparable at all. all my studies are based on slides made by americans, books written by probably some british guys and americans dudes.
as i said, there are no libraries at all here..they give book which is totally unrelated to exam just for formality. even if i had access to books that i needed to, it would solve 70% of my problems already.
i agree with students here. idk why but they want to get spoonfeed, which don't even happen here in nepal lol..idk what is their expectations lol. they learn almost everything by themselves. but don't get reflection that all students are like me..here is how it goes-:

1) 10% students, understand everything in class somehow. study some random books sold by random nepali authors and pass with very good marks.
2) 40% students fail exams. if you fail 1 subject you failed.
3) 40% pass by getting 32/80 marks with just pass marks but are somehow great at practicals some of them idk how...maybe theory and practicals aren't that realted or whatever.
5) 10% students like me refer lots of resources to learn and maybe are slower to learn than average joe or whatever..put some work into learning may or mayn;t fail but prioritize learning the material well before just trying to get good marks. lol you could say we give up getting good marks once we fail to get during our initial enginering years. haha.

i agree totally with students part. i am not from east asia though. i am from indian subcontinent(nepal)...india like it..but i agree these students want to get spoonfeeded somehow..i don't understand why are they expecting so...but as i said that is the above criteria as i told above. majority of students studying in UK aren't that bright tbh...i am telling from nepal's perspective. best minds of nepal try for good unis in america...others try at random unis in america, when they don't get there too, they apply for random unis in UK...UK idk but probably has strict migration laws that don't allow students to settle after graduation unlike america.

anyway that is out of discussion, i amm not son of rich father to go to usa to learn lol. i am staying all my life in nepal.

Is this a well known saying or did two posters come up with the exact same phrase?
I smell processed meat products.
Purveyor banned.

As the op is also banned, I think that I should just lock this moribund thread.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back