dhcp on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utterly off-topic, but...

I once watched a guy attempting his first soldering effort (one hand holding the pencil iron, the other holding a component) when he realized he needed the hold the solder as well.

So, before grabbing the solder, and before I could stop him, to free up his hand he put the iron tip in his mouth.

Never saw him again.

I too had problems holding iron, wire, solder, flux and board at the same time, have tripod now and prolly not the best idea, but now i leave a blob of solder to heat on the side of the tip which eats out a cavity and allows for more solder then i can solder 4 leads before "refueling".
my new systems are the HYTRON CGN3 modem/router and a ASUS RT-N12 as the second system.
PC is on second system lan, and Laptop is CGN3 wifi,
also i have noticed that pings travel between both systems ok, maybe i will try opening all ports on ASUS. or would turning dmz on help?

i have configured ASUS to static ip on CGN3 side, and firewall off but as soon as nat on ASUS is shut off i loose all access through the WAN to LAN wire,ie normally i can access router1 form network2, and network2 internet goes down,.

Network/Host IPI also found in ASUS router the LAN>Routing tab, but this only has static rout option, but i think im in right place cos this is only one with options for HOSTIP, Netmask,Gateway,Metric,Interface , so what do i put here?

also on CGN3 i cannot find these settings, maybe there is another name besides "dynamic Route"? cos i hafta set this up on both sides rite?

At your request KV, I just seen your PM!
I was never able to get this going, I think my second router may have been able to support this, but

after investigation, I need a 3rd router in there to handle the first network ,
the CGN modem/gateway router can not do route tables, and since im on topic, the firmware is very bad, i am lucky if when I click "OK" it doesn't hang for 5 minutes then disregard the click...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…