Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dewalt DC012 radio - No sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilles H

Hi, I have a Dewalt DC012 radio, no sound anymore. I measure the output voltage of the power pcb assy (which feeds the radio pcb), it is supposed to be 13V, but is 16V (circled in orange on picture).

My question is: could this extra 3V prevent the radio board to function properly?

I did a visual check, iI cannot see anything damaged or burnt on each pcbs, front and back, except for the area behind the resistor (circle in red) where the pcb changed color. The resistor's color bars indicates it is a 15 ohms resistor which measures good. The two blue relays on the left get pretty hot too.

Thank's

Gilles

Attachments

• 2020-10-17 13.30.28.jpg
    2020-10-17 13.30.28.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 488
Ok, thank you for your reply.

Exactely, no circuit schematics available. My electronic knowledge is limited, this is the reason why I hope to find someone who knows this product or radio functionality to confirm that if the input voltage of the radio pcb is 16v and not 13v as required then the power board is the problem so I would look in buying a new power board, or maybe receive a repair solution for it.

Exactely, no circuit schematics available. My electronic knowledge is limited, this is the reason why I hope to find someone who knows this product or radio functionality to confirm that if the input voltage of the radio pcb is 16v and not 13v as required then the power board is the problem so I would look in buying a new power board, or maybe receive a repair solution for it.

The 16V sounds perfectly normal (the 13V is just a nominal value when under load), and wouldn't cause your problem

Ok, good, thank you for the feedback. The problem has to be down the line, somewhere on the radio board then.

I would have thought so - do you have power actually going to the radio board?.

Yes, on the picture, the left orange circle is where the 16v is measured at the connector and sent to the second orange circle to the right where the same 16v is measured at the other connector of the cable assembly.

Last edited:
Ok, thank's to everyone. Project closed, radio sent to recycling center. Gilles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back