Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Determine output voltage of inverting op amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

stobbz

**broken link removed**

So, I've worked out the closed loop gain with respect to the inverting input, but I can't get the correct answer for that of the non-inverting input.

The question asks to find the output voltage. By multiplying the input voltages with their respective closed loop gains and adding together, that should give the output voltage.

For the inverting input: Av = -5
What about at the non-inverting input? Answer works out to be -15v.

Any help appreciated :)

Hello there,

I think the easiest way for you to do this is to use the superposition theorem. To use this you short out one input to ground, calculate the output, then put that input back to normal and short the other input to ground and calculate the output again. You then add the two output results and that is the total output.
For this circuit you could first short the -5 to ground and compute the output call it Vo1. Then put that one back and short the -3 to ground and compute the output and call that Vo2. Now you just add the two outputs.
BTW the gain of non inverting stage is 1+Rf/Rin which in this case is 1+10k/2k if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back