Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Detecting Life under rubble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ground Penetrating Radar using a PIC? <falls out of chair laughing> Sorry, hope I don't offend but that's totally impractical.

I found this one on e-bay. For 3650
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Part of Pakistan is already under Islamic law, using dogs is sure to be something the government frowns upon.

:eek:?? Duffy, first of all with all due respect. The part about going to hell or doing anythiing.. because of spit is not true.Secondly Using dogs to help track victims is not forbidden or keeping them as pets or anything. Dogs are not forbidden.Yeah pigs are a different cup of tea in the sense that we are not supposed to eat pig meat.Its not like if we touch a pig we go to hell or anything.

Ground Penetrating Radar using a PIC? <falls out of chair laughing> Sorry, hope I don't offend but that's totally impractical.

I found this one on e-bay. For 3650
**broken link removed**

Thats exactly what i was thinking.Since i have not had enough hardware experience with PIC micros and i thought it would not be possible thats why i asked the question.

Last edited:
?? Duffy, first of all with all due respect. The part about going to hell or doing anythiing.. because of spit is not true.

Since when is dog spit not halal?

Secondly Using dogs to help track victims is not forbidden or keeping them as pets or anything.

Good - use the dogs until you get this radar working.

Last edited:
Thats my point. Dogs are Halal(since you seem to know Halal and Haram).Thanks for all your replies that were electronic related.

Last edited:
Not sure how well that would work blueroom, C02 is heavier than air, so it's going to sink not rise to the surface. But it's mixed with the rest of our breath and warm, so who knows.

About using Dogs for this welll...lets end this before it gets dirty.

Wait - seriously, is there a problem with using dogs? I was just kidding about iblim and iffrit gouging your eyes out for eternity because a dog spit on you. In certain Christian traditions I'm going to be cast into the lake of eternal fire for listening to Heavy Metal and using a computer (which has the number of the beast transcribed in its very name).

But, you know, you guys did just sign legislation on having Islamic Law in the Swat Valley. So it looks like you give more credence to religious myth and mysticism than even we Americans do, which is just sad. So it isn't much of a stretch to figure there's a problem with using sniffer dogs...

Wait - seriously, is there a problem with using dogs? I was just kidding about iblim and iffrit gouging your eyes out for eternity because a dog spit on you. In certain Christian traditions I'm going to be cast into the lake of eternal fire for listening to Heavy Metal and using a computer (which has the number of the beast transcribed in its very name
No problem with dogs! and no point to discuss this.

Last edited:
I understand. If you say anything, the zealots will have you killed for being a heretic. This is the problem with religious people. They figure if they kill you, your soul will just fly away somewhere else. Makes people's lives very cheap to them.

Duffy,

Is there a reason why you keep going off topic? This seems like a perfectly legitimate topic to me but you seem to want to turn it into something religious.

Mike.

Yes - posts from a guy working out how to make a ground penetrating radar to recover earthquake victims counts as the pen of a scholar.

Therefore, his opinions on these other matters...

Don't dodge duffy, Pommie asked YOU a question.

I answered it EXACTLY. Sorry you didn't "get it", tough cookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back