Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Desperately need to ID this Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase Brown

Title says it all. I have attached pictures of the socket and header in question. I was only able to find 2 markings on either of them. I am assuming "CND" is the series and "7" referes to the number of positions. I have already searched through the following with no results:

Digikey, Mouser, Molex, TU, JST, Newark, FCI, 3M, Samtec, Kyocera

Ive been after this for 3 days so any help is greatly appreciated!!

HIXnBcW.png
LgI9nK2.png
1hdtzIM.png
9sm3Vy2.png

Can you show the female and male views?

So far I'm not finding an exact match, but have you considered simply replacing both the male and female connectors using ones with matching footprints?

So far I'm not finding an exact match, but have you considered simply replacing both the male and female connectors using ones with matching footprints?

Sadly that isn't an option. I am designing a new control board for a customer that will attach to the same power supply that utilizes the male connector. They have the power supplies built so they are not interested in changing out all of them (500+). I have talked to the customer about getting a source for this connector but they were not any help.

So they were unable to provide you with a bill of materials for their power supplies?

So they were unable to provide you with a bill of materials for their power supplies?

Yes that is the case. They apparently buy the power supplies pre-built. However, I think I have actually found the correct part, wooo! It was the Chinese version of a JST product.

**broken link removed**

Yes that is the case. They apparently buy the power supplies pre-built. However, I think I have actually found the correct part, wooo! It was the Chinese version of a JST product.

**broken link removed**

I was looking at JST connectors and they looked almost perfect, except the pitch was 2.5mm instead of the 2.54mm (0.1 inch) you mentioned. Are you sure your connectors are 2.54mm? If so, the connectors you showed (which I found from JST) won't work, as they are 2.5mm. Maybe the difference won't be noticeable with only 7 pins (it will be very noticeable with large pin counts) but I think that might cause a problem.

I was looking at JST connectors and they looked almost perfect, except the pitch was 2.5mm instead of the 2.54mm (0.1 inch) you mentioned. Are you sure your connectors are 2.54mm? If so, the connectors you showed (which I found from JST) won't work, as they are 2.5mm. Maybe the difference won't be noticeable with only 7 pins (it will be very noticeable with large pin counts) but I think that might cause a problem.

No I wasn't entirely sure of the 2.54mm pitch, it came from my less-than-perfect caliper measurements. Reassessing the measurements, it seems like the part I posted earlier is a match. Thanks for taking your time to help!

When measuring pitch;
It is hard to measure from pin1 to pin2.
If you measure from pin1 to pin7 and divide you will have 1/6 the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back