Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designspark PCB V10.0 on Windows 11 - fails to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryteker

Hi All,
I have just upgraded to a new windows 11 Laptop and am attemptibg to install the free Designspark V10.0.
The install appears to gone ok, but when I click the Desktop Icon, I get a dialog box stating :
ERROR: The progam cannot find the support data file, or has a problem downloading it from its current address.
Enter the location of the file so that it can be downloaded.
(Underneath that there is an entry box filled pre-filled with)
'http://designspark.eu/data/'

I have tried searching for a solution, with much success, and tried contacting RS support, which seemed a waste of time, being told it only works on Wndows 10, which I could not find any confirmation of that, and can't believe that to be the case.

Any help would be appreciated.
Roy

If you enter that address in a browser, then it forwards to a site trying to sell the domain to you - rather strange?.

Presumably Win11 has more obsessive security features?, do you need to set the Firewall or/and Anti-Virus to let DesignSpark run?.

Hey there! I just came across this thread, and I wanted to share some info that might be helpful to others who may have experienced a similar issue. I found a thread on the Reddit windows keys community that discussed a similar problem with DesignSpark PCB v10.0 failing to start on Windows 11. Some users suggested trying to run the program in compatibility mode for Windows 10 or running it as an administrator. Another user suggested that the issue may be related to the installation process not completing properly, so they recommended uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Hopefully, one of these solutions may work for you or others experiencing this issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back