Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing Transistor Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicl123B

I would like help in the process of designing Transistor circuits, perhaps worked examples being used to demonstrate the process. From the correct DC biasing operating conditions, Ac amplification. As an example if I wanted to amplify 10mv
Using CE to say 50mv?? Could someone help me with this?

Regards

Nicl123B

Nicl123B said:
I would like help in the process of designing Transistor circuits, perhaps worked examples being used to demonstrate the process. From the correct DC biasing operating conditions, Ac amplification. As an example if I wanted to amplify 10mv
Using CE to say 50mv?? Could someone help me with this?

Regards

Nicl123B

There are plenty of resources in the form of textbooks and web links that discuss this process. Have you tried google to find something? Why don't you start there and post back with questions about it when you get stuck. You'll receive the most help this way.

Here is a short tutorial "rule of thumb" that neglects base current for simplicity. You should eventually be able to include the transistor beta in the calculations, but this works for most cases.

Attachments

• tutorial.jpg
    tutorial.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 516
Going a little be further

Attachments

• transistor3_727.jpg
    transistor3_727.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 376
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads