Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing a simple RFID reader and tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigar657

hey techies,

i need to design a simple (low range) RFID reader and tag for showing a project on anti shop lifting system. i ve to make this as a part of my college project...plz help me out with ckt diags or tutorial links plzzz...

thanx a ton in advance.
jigar

RFID and antishoplifting systems are different. AS use (most of case) passive tags: RF-systems use precisely tuned tank cct. for 1.75,1.95,2.125 MHz with start-stop TX, 3.5,8.2 and 10MHz for sweep TX.
Magnetic AS-systems use two low freq. for detecting a special alloy (unfortunately some japanese umbrellas also contain it... :lol: )
Magnetic-ultrasonic AS-sytem use magnetic TX and ultrasonic RX for detecting a mechanical resonator in the tag.
RFID use - most of case - a 125kHz TX and these energy activate the processor in the tag, who start transmit a unique code.

so,

i was basically want to do in my project is...

put rfid tag in some product and show that if the product (along with the tag) is passed thru the range of rfid reader...then alarm sounds...and it can be known that something from the market has been stolen...

plz any ideas on this...

jigar

Basic question is the distance: professional AS-systems work with 0.8...2m antenne distance. It uses uP-technology and the software is secret. I've built - many years ago - a handy-detector for personal checking with analog technik. It's no difficult, but the range only 20cm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back