Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

designing a pcboard w/ graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

Have done before but can't figure out how I did it.
Using Diptrace and overlaying a graphic but keep getting silk screen over pad.
Importing a jpeg into program after trying to cut out the background using Paint.net.
not sure what it used. I Do have the gerber file from lat time but importing and editing it now??

The board fab house will automatically make the necessary clearance around pads.

Well yes and no. The graphics came out great but I had a minor flaw in my board design and have corrected but need to have board redone. Simple mistake on my part.
Now I realize how you accumulated that pile of circuit boards you posted a pic of years ago.
LEARN BY DOING = EXPERIENCE

Ahem. That pile of scrap boards was not mine.

Glad the graphics worked out for you, as I explained they would.

I fretted with the graphics for several hours on several occasions. Now to rework my board design with errors and send them off to the board house.

mis-spoken English.
I meant redesigning the board without any errors.
I realize HOW I made the mistake so fixing the mistake is easy but need to reorder boards.
A bright spot in all this is an additional option on the calculator boards is adding the ET game with just an additional slide switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back