Design Problem: Electronic board game

Status
Not open for further replies.
A capacitor will have no effect on DC sensitivity. Capacitors affect AC signals, not DC.

A transimpedance converter is useful for low level analog signals. It's not needed here.

While we're at it, the one I ordered is: LM324N (datasheet).
I saw some other projects such as this youtube video where they use this amplifier together with photo diodes.
Of course if I can do without this part, that would be a nice way to safe some budget.

Hmm, you actually revealed something to me here ... so 2 lead photo transistor isn't the same as a photo diode?
Some ebay sellers seem to use the words through eachother.
I currently use RPT-311PTA49, which seem to be 2 lead photo transistors after all, and not photo diodes. (The voltage values which I mentioned in my previous post are for this photo transistor)

At first I didn't want to use 3 lead photo transistors because they are more expensive.
But now I have ordered 3 lead photo transistors after all: MID-95A3L (**broken link removed**)

The thing I'm worried about with this one is that the datasheet shows an internal construction of 2 parrallel transistors. Is this usual for 3 lead photo transistors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…