Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

STG

I am about to graduate. I need to take the Senior Design class. I need to design a project. Does anybody have an idea of a good project. This are my specifications.

1. Not complex( i only need it to graduate)
2. Can be build in just a day.
3. Good design content(in terms of solving a problem)
4. I do not know about Microproccessors, so I do not want a project that involves microproccessors.
5. Parts no to be available in Radioshack.

The reason for the above , is I trying build a complicated project before, which failed miserably. Now I need this class to graduate

You could do an electronic Dice design. It simulates the rolling of 2 dice.

Or a Combination Lock - a Keypad via which the pass code is entered.

If the correct code is entered, it operates a solenoid to open the lock and then resets.

If the wrong digit is entered at any time, the circuit resets.

If part of the correct code is entered and then no more keys are pressed, the circuit resets after about 3 seconds.

These are relatively simple.

Len

To:
Nigel Godwin

I asked for a design idea, I never said anybody should build me a circuit.
It was an idea. School is about theory not pratical stuff, at least my school.

School is about theory not pratical stuff, at least my school.

If your school is about theory, shouldn't you think of the idea instead of asking for one? Considering the idea is the theory part..

You logic is backwards.. in one line you ask for an idea but you will build it yourselft in the next line you say your school is about theory and not practical..

Hi STG,

Drop me a line on ravi@ualink.lk I can give you an idea of putting up a electronic hi/low voltage cut off with a time delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back