Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design a microwave oven using the M68000 processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipod

The microwave accepts input from the keypad as the cooking time and displays it at the LCD display. During cooking, the food is rotated on the microwave plate. Once cooking has been completed, a buzzer alarm will sound.

I am required to do this. I just wanted to ask, where do I begin? the hardware or the software part? What software is the best to design/simulate the hardware?

Thanks!

Presumably this is a school project?, using a 32 bit processor to control a simple timer.

But hardware and software are part of the overall scheme, you need to consider BOTH at all times, and not do them separately.

Thank you very much. Sorry I forgot to note that we are required to use easy68k for the software part. Is it any different from PIC? And what do I use to simulate the hardware part?

Thank you very much. Sorry I forgot to note that we are required to use easy68k for the software part. Is it any different from PIC? And what do I use to simulate the hardware part?

So you're only simulating?, I don't use simulators anyway, but presumably your school will provide the simulator you have to use.

A PIC is a one chip solution, a complete computer in a small plastic encapsulation for very little cost. A 68000 is a massive 32 bit device, and needs dozens of support chips to work at all.

Thanks again! I thought a simulation is needed for the hardware part. I'll try it and when I'm stuck I'll ask again. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back