Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dell 3007WFP LCD Monitor Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatoshigeru

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows that this problem could be and whether it would be easy to fix. I get this weird banding on my LCD monitor which is just recent.

Initially, the banding pixels would flicker on and off until it was solid as per the images. Also, it does not seem cable related as when I have taken my Dual-Link DVI cables, the pink pixel band is still on the monitor. I've also noticed that when I turn off my computer for a while and turn it back on, then it disappears for a little bit before returning.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
jatontg

Attachments

• img1.jpg
    img1.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 430
  • img2.jpg
    img2.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 403
Thanks for the help Nigel. Just another quick question:

Is this normally a relatively easy fix for a repair person or am I better off getting a new monitor?

Thanks for the help Nigel. Just another quick question:

Is this normally a relatively easy fix for a repair person or am I better off getting a new monitor?

It's an 'easy' repair (if you can get the parts), but it's not usually cost effective, a new screen usually costs more than a new monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back