Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Degress C or C degress

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, I agree that the "internet" was around in the late '80s and I am very proud of you for being on the cutting edge of internet usage. However, you got a few things wrong.
1) the word internet has been around since the 1970s so I assume the network it was named for also existed in the 1970s.

And we all know 'assume' stands for!

Prior to the late 80's I believe it was called Arpanet?, and wasn't available top the public.

2) I didn't say "before the internet" existed, I said, "pre-internet". If you look up the phrase, pre-internet, you'll realize not all words Have the technical accuracy you would like to see (or like others to have because you actually seem pretty sloppy yourself - see point 1 above). In any case, pre-internet implies a period of time before 1993 or 1994 (before companies started Developing websites, families started getting web access and email.

Incorrect again, the internet existed a fair while before websites, and pre-internet would be before the late 80's - the internet isn't just websites, and never was.

again, pre-internet was a time, Internet is a network. Two completely different things.

PS, I'm sorry you felt the need to buy a browser. Netscape was always free.

As I recall that was exactly what I bought, as part of their Internet Suite - and while the browser may have been free, the suite wasn't.

Incorrect again, the internet existed a fair while before websites, and pre-internet would be before the late 80's - the internet isn't just websites, and never was.

Sorry, I didn't mean to upend your very ridgidly defined view of life. Enjoy the rest of your day under your rock.

You better write a letter to the historians that and others that study life style, marketing, commerce, information delivery and communications pre- and post-internet. I'm sure they would be really happy to hear that their definition of the phrase, "pre-internet" is wrong even though they defined the phrase - which I copied in my previous post. I'm sure they will quickly make corrections to all of their previously published articles & textbooks and contact former students to make sure everyone is aware of the Nigel definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back