Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Debouncing circuit help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seekee

Hi. I'm currently working on a project and it requires debouncing circuit. I have a 74ls192 up down counter. The clock for the up and down pins will be push buttons. I need to have debouncing circuit for it.

Choose one...

Attachments

• debounce_161.gif
    debounce_161.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 795
**broken link removed**

Lots of reading and detail. At least there's pictures. :eek: Check out Figure 2: An RC debouncer. I personally never use R2, and I have never had bounce problems. Then again I'm not working on the shuttle either. 8)

R2 reduce the discharge current, and prevent the switch erosion. When You have a 10A microswitch no problem if omitted.

Of course then again, I'm the kind of guy that likes to charge capacitors up to around 35 volts or so and then strike the leads against a piece of metal to short, make it spark, and give a nice popping sound. The temorary welding effect is a bonus feature. :twisted:

In order to ensure reliable operation, switch contacts need at least 5 Volt across them when open and at least 1 mA of current through them when closed.

This prevents the build up of an insulating film on the contact surfaces and therefore eventual failure.

Len

Hex inverted with schmitt trigger. 7414 LS or better.

I also found that an AND gate works good, just tie one high and use the other input for the switch signal. HC series works best here.

Bumping a dead topic, sorry, but if one could make the circuit work with an inverted switch, would the NOT gate still be needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back