Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dear forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutthunaveen

i am a new bee to electronics design:)

actually i am designing a function generator which is PIC microcontroller based. this frequency generator should generate the output frequencies from (1Hz to 100Mhz) or(10Hz to 1Mhz). no problem for upper limit of frequencies.

i am searching for a readymade IC which will generate these frequencies by varying digitally programmable. the IC should capable of generating
1. square wave
2. sine wave
3. sawtooth waveform

the amplitude of the waveform should be varible. please suggest me with any IC ready for function generator application. :confused:

i am a new bee to electronics design:)

actually i am designing a function generator which is PIC microcontroller based. this frequency generator should generate the output frequencies from (1Hz to 100Mhz) or(10Hz to 1Mhz). no problem for upper limit of frequencies.

i am searching for a readymade IC which will generate these frequencies by varying digitally programmable. the IC should capable of generating
1. square wave
2. sine wave
3. sawtooth waveform

the amplitude of the waveform should be varible. please suggest me with any IC ready for function generator application. :confused:

hi,
It should be possible to adapt this XR2206 for MCU control.

Attachments

• XR2206.pdf
    889.7 KB · Views: 282
I had no idea such a thing existed... cool. Thanks.

Curious, do you know of any similar devices with similar features that have a much lower sine wave distortion? Ie, suitable perhaps for hobbyist distortion measurement of audio equipment?

Michael

I had no idea such a thing existed... cool. Thanks.

Curious, do you know of any similar devices with similar features that have a much lower sine wave distortion? Ie, suitable perhaps for hobbyist distortion measurement of audio equipment?

Michael

hi Michael,
As its an 'old' device they are getting as rare as poo from a rocking horse.!

I know other members did locate a more 'modern' device, if you do a Forum Search for XR2206 it may show up the later device.:)

EDIT:
Speakerguy posted this last year:
XR2206 can be had many places. I ordered five from Future Electronics a couple weeks ago. Jameco has them too.

Last edited:
**broken link removed**

Thanks! It's so frustrating to hunt around for an IC I want to try out only to find it is either not stocked anywhere convenient or worse, obsolete for the last 10 yrs. :D

Michael

EDIT: MAX038 was listed, but it has 2% THD sine wave (!!!) ... and it isn't being made anymore either. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back