Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dead Acoustic Profiles Subwoofer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoro10

Hi,

I believe it is dead do to a power mosfet (IRF530) which seems to be an obsolete part. How would I go about trying to figure out a substitute mosfet that would work in this circut?

Thank you,

Zoro10

The IRF530 is still available - both IR and Fairchild make them. They're available through RS, amongst others, in the UK. Failing that, it's not particularly special - any 100V 14A MOSFET should work well enough.
If it's a switching amp, try to get a match for the switching characteristics, like gate capacitance etc.
If it's a linear amp, you may have to re-bias in case the threshold voltage of your replacement is different from the original. I'd imagine it'll be perfectly good enough though.
Check to see if the MOSFET's gate is blown - if it is, it could well have killed the driver stage too.

Hope you get it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back