Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC voltage conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your support guys. The an o/p current > 1.2Amps poses no problem for me because my load will take only the amount of current that it needs via a fuse. Can any1 tell me the lifetime of such a circuit?

so by reversing palarities ect, it is possible to implement the circuit. I would like to know if i need to change the other components such as resistors and capacitors. By the way can any1 plz show a detailed schematic with all the required values? Thx loadz.

Last edited:
vipsam10; exactly what is your load?

Hero999; i've been sick with the 'flu the last couple of days and your posts have provided me with some much needed merryment. I'm not saying that to be insulting either, I have genuinely enjoyed your posts. :)

Thank you Mr. RB. need this converter to replace a pair of 12V batteries. My load operates at 24V and requires a maximum current of 1.2A.

Then if you feel confident making a black regulator there are circuits on my web page (see peoples links above) and you can invert the circuit (see above). If you have doubts about your own ability to build a switchmode regulator then it may be easier to buy a 48v-24v product off the shelf? It depends how much of your time (and other peoples time :) ) you want to spend building the circuit.

Yesterday you sent me a PM saying that "you were given a project" to make this circuit, and you wanted me to "send you complete schematic with all parts values" etc. Now you say it is to replace two 12v batteries.

I'm beginning to lose interest in helping you. My web site has plenty of information on the black regulator and people have posted a lot of good help above for black regulator and also other good solutions.

Maybe it is time for YOU to do some work now?

Agreed, we don't mind helping you but we're not going to do all of the work for you.

Hope you're feeling better now RB.

Yes thx. In fact i finally opted for the forward converter with isolation because the black regulator is not much reliable as far as my load is concerned. Yes, if you are not aware, a battery provides just a potential diff of x volts. We have to decide where to place the 0V potential for our purpose in order to obtain -x volts or +x volts....just to explain the "replacement of two 12V batteries" in case it is hard for you to understand. And yep, just developing a few fun circuits and softwares does not mean that you can design anything :D Anyways thanks a lot for your support guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back