Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC Motor controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhtavallaie

dear friends

anybody willing to provide me with a simple practical circuit which controls A DC brached Motor is highly welcome.

The circuit must work with 220VAC

RGDS
hadi

what kind of control?

position?
torque?
speed?

Well he has just Private messaged me with this info:

I am looking for an speed cntrlr and the motor rating as around 100watt

SO basically a speed loop and also a current loop, But again no where near enough infomation. The power is there, but not maximum speed that would state the maximum torque=> current. Also no info on ouptut characteristics.

No mention of what you are using to sense the speed of the machine,

I have had another couple of PRivate messages (mhtavallaie, im trying to keep this public just incase I am missing something)

the motor maximum ratation speed is L.T 150 r/min the voltage around the anchor is around 200VDC and the field max voltage is 210v DC

Still missing info.

Are you after a really simple speed control
open-loop, via varying terminal voltage

Simple closed-loop
via closing the voltage loop and basing the speed control on the w=k*V

True close-loop
using a speed sensor.

Only the last one will adapt to changing load
plus are you expecting a working ciruit or do you have one that you are having problems with?

DC mot cntrlr

Hi Mr. Styx

I don't need any speed sensor a simple closed loop will do the job.

as I mentioned in my previous reply I am using bridges and triac but It is not functioning properly

rgds
hadi

Fair enough, for a brushed motor, voltage control will give a fairly stable form of speed control.

You say from AC? The easiest way would be to use a Thyristor bridge to make a "controlled rectifier" and thus vary the DC-link feeding the motor (big DC-link cap).

Using a simple voltage loop to change the firing angle based on the present voltage error (Voltage demand - voltage feedback).

What circuits have you tried. It sounds like you have recified the AC and then used a H-brisge to chop it down.

Can you post what you have done.

Still a phase-control thyristor rectifier would be the better option

Dc Mot Cntrlr

Dear Mr. Styx

many thanks for your patience that you are still pursuing the subject.

As I mentioned I have used a normal bridge rectifier which directly converts 220VAC to equivalent DC voltage needed for anchor and a dimmer using a BT138 triac and poti provides the field volage ( dimmer output bieng rectified by another bridge before being applied to the field)

with this circuit i have visible sparks over the collector , motor gets hot and triac burns out after a couple of weeks working .

rgds
hadi

you have got a free-wheel diode dont you?

could you post the circuit please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back