Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC ballast simulation is not working (3 coils transformer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willen

I recently learned to couple coils in LTSpice to make a transformer using "K1 L1 L2 L3 1" command then started to experiment/simulate DC ballast and AC to DC simpler SMPS. These devices has similar transformer with 3 coils- 1) flux generator, 2) feedback and 3) output.

Using same type of command I got two coils transformer working but using same type of command 3 coils transformer circuit is not working. In real world, these Devices are working. I also got failed to simulate AC to DC SMPS with 3 coils transformer.

Attachments

• 12V DC Ballast SIM.asc
    1.9 KB · Views: 223
Simulation file is in the post #1 and here is the circuit of the simulation (for Quick view)-

Attachments

• DC ballast SCH.gif
    DC ballast SCH.gif
    2.5 KB · Views: 277
Willen, You impress me. I am always pleased to see younger people show as much interest in a useful en-devour as you do. Keep it up and you will be running your own electronic company some day :)

Try reversing the polarity of L1 or L2 and increasing the value of L1 to, say, 1mH.

As alex_t said....reverse polarity of L1 or L2, but change L1 and L2 to 1mh, and L3 to 100mh

Willen, You impress me. I am always pleased to see younger people show as much interest in a useful en-devour as you do. Keep it up and you will be running your own electronic company some day :)
Hi Mike,
Thank you for concerning about me. But I am not a such lucky guy for electronics. I am not VERY younger (27th year) and till that day I lost a chance of study of electronics in university. It made me just a hobbyist now a days and learning myself slowly without direct course and guidance. Now completed university and became a teacher in school. Though addiction of electronics made me mad!

Try reversing the polarity of L1 or L2 and increasing the value of L1 to, say, 1mH.
Yes, I just reversed L2 (main flux generator coil of 40mH) and it's working! It is amazing that I made a circuit posted in #2 and it's working (lightning 20 LEDs bulbs in series from 12 volts, total LEDs forward voltage became 48V). But simulation needs 'reversed inductor'. I carefully saw phase dots of circuit at #2 post and made successfully. Can you guess why simulation needs reverse phase dot inductor?

(I think simulation's phase dot is correct transformer however how I got the circuit at #2 working, wondering!)

Oh, I thought so because I thought I heard AG say something along those lines. My bad :facepalm: Well I still like your enthusiasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back