Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC/AC Inverter project, need some help with design

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want a Good Inverter, Build the Mosfet one on my site:

**broken link removed**

It does put out the 110 volts and is Quite Stable in Frequency.

this schematic Witch mosfet support 100 Watt????

increase Wattage use parallel Mosfets????
is functional?

im use 12v DC 220 Ac !!!!! (500\1000 W)

Vamboger

@TheOne
Can you share with me the Proteus files that you have posted?

kasamiko@gmail.com

TIA

Hi John,

TheOne simulation on Proteus seems interesting to me..I want to play with this one..

rhonn :wink:

most circuits like the one you have found are just for examples..not detailed enough to use as stated...if your parts are smokeing maybe you are turning on both xsisters at the same time....use of these circuits depend on tight tolerence parts and a inverter transformer with very well balanced windings or inverter action will stall out . The transformer must not saturate very easely or it will draw much curent it needs to switch clean and sharp. All of these varations will make a circuit like the first posting not useful inthe real world.
joe

Hi Joe,
Don't you agree that the polarized capacitors in the inverter 1st posted are charged in reverse with a very high current caused by a very low resistance transformer winding swinging to about +23V on a capacitor's negative wire and the very low resistance of a forward-biased base-emitter junction near ground on the capacitor's positive wire?

Don't you also agree that the capacitors are discharged with an extremely high current caused by a conducting collector pulling the +23V wire of a charged capacitor to near ground and the other wire of the capacitor attempting to go to near -23V but is actually clamped by the very low resistance of an avalanching reverse-biased base-emitter junction?

Sure those capacitors are going to smoke or explode with a very high current charging them in reverse and another very high current discharging them. The poor little capacitors are not designsd to pass such a high ripple current.

Just think about what is happening to the base-emitter junctions of the transistors. A very high forward current then a very high reverse current. Collector junctions of transistors are designed to dissipate power, not base-emitter junctions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back