DC-AC Inverter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody help me with my pasonnal project. I am trying to build a Powerful DC-AC inverter of about 2kv or more. I would appreciate any CIRCUIT diagram from you. :?
Thanks.

a personal project requiring 2kV :shock: :shock:

well best bet is to look into low voltage DC-AC first so if you are going to convert DC-AC from 12V batter look at a how to make an inverter that way then just pass teh output 10V peak sinewave through a step-up transformer.

what is your power output requirement?

What you will need is a means to generate a sinewave (you can get function gen chips for abt a £5). A H-bridge using either MOSFET's or IGBT's(need to know how much power you are gonna draw from this inverter). Also based around the power thing a switching frequency - higher is better but must watch out fror switching losses. The load for the H-bridge can be the primary of the transformer

you will need to sense the primary side voltage
using an opamp make a diff-amp and take the difference between your reference sinewave and what you actually have - This gives you your voltage error

Get a triangle wave function generator (or derive using opamps and all) - this is your switching waveform (freq = yr switching requency). Feed this triangle wave and also the voltage error waveform into a comparator to generate your PWM that is then used to drive your H-bridge. You might want to also incorporate some

wow 2kV

remember the law of conservation of energy. input energy is equal to the output energy. so if u want 500mA at 2kV is 1kW. and the source will probably be a battery. will the battery be able to supply that much power continuously?

what do u want to do with it????

167A from a 12V battery! (assuming 100% efficiency).

wow :shock:

how will someone connect such a battery to a circuit. a water pipe???? :lol:

for that after completing your project u will have to call your plumber for assistance.

lolz just joking

na 4AWG cable will do that fine. Its not that big at all/

andrew2022 said:
i kno. i have a 1.5KW inverter, altho it runs from 3 batteries in parallel to share the load

Is your inverter 12V?, obviously it would be much better to run your batteries in series and reduce the current by 1/3 - keeping currents lower and wires thinner.

This is obviously a decision that needs making at the design stage though, but most commercial inverters use higher input voltages for higher powers - multiples of 12V are common.

Can anybody help me with my pasonnal project. I am trying to build a Powerful DC-AC inverter of about 2kv or more. I would appreciate any CIRCUIT diagram from you. :?
Thanks.[/color][/size]

A powerful inverter is expensive to make. Then it will need an expensive custom-made output transformer.

What (who?) are you planning on cooking with high-power 2kV? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…